Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final waypoint in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm which can be viewed at the Family History Library or some FamilySearch Centers.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Worcester > Athol images are all restricted. You will have to locate Films 2230843, 2230844, 2230845.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The following list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Bristol > Taunton > purchase records are found at Plymouth > Bridgewater > Land records 1672-1834, images 686-764.
- Hampden > Granville > Births, marriages, deaths, town records 1733-1796 vol 1 contains early Bedford records on images 1-10. Many boundary changes in these early counties could explain records from other locations being located here.
- Hampshire > Goshen > Journal of George Smart 1860-1862 vol 3-4 and Hampshire > Goshen > Marriage intentions 1854-1895 both contain records for Goshen, Sullivan, New Hampshire.
- Suffolk > Dorchester > Birth index 1631-1849 year span should be 1850-1869.
Return to the Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article.
Return to the Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1627-2001 collection at FamilySearch.org.