Massachusetts State Vital Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some of the volume numbers do not correspond to the number of that volume found in the first image. Are there any missing volumes for these counties?
Answer 1: No volumes for the year listed are missing for these counties. The correct volume numbers are listed below:
- Births 1918 vol 124 Southbridge-Springfield > Image 1 of 508 states on the book cover that “Springfield July 1 to July 5 - Before July 1 in large vol. no. 646”; see waypoint Births 1918 vol 646, found listed after Births 1918 vol. 156 Worcester-Yarmouth, for records prior to 1 July 1818 for Springfield.
- Deaths, 1919 vol 0029 Danvers-Dedham should be Deaths, 1919 vol 0039 Danvers-Dedham
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: There is no Massachusetts town named Blehead . What is the correct town name?
Answer 2: The correct town name is listed below:
• Marriages, 1918 vol 0021 Malden-Blehead should be Marriages, 1918 vol 0021 Malden-Marblehead
- Go to theMassachusetts State Vital Records - FamilySearch Historical Records wiki article
- Go to the Massachusetts State Vital Records, 1841-1920 collection at FamilySearch.org