McClung's Company, Tennessee Light Artillery
Brief History[edit | edit source]
McClung's Company, Tennessee Light Artillery was organized during the fall of 1861 and mustered into Confederate service at Knoxville, Tennessee. Most of the command was captured at Morristown on October 28. The 17 men who escaped reported to Captain Lynch's Battery which disbanded in April, 1865, at Christiansburg, Virginia. 
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War 1861 to 1865, Part 1 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Lindsley, John B. The Military Annals of Tennessee: Confederate, First Series; Embracing a Review of Military Operations, with Regimental Histories and Memorial Rolls, Compiled from Original and Official Sources. 1886. Reprint. Spartanburg, South Carolina: Reprint Co., 1974. (Family History Library book 976.8 M2L.) Digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive. Memorial rolls for McClung's Battery starts on page 877.
- USGenWeb Archives, C. S. A. Artillery Roster Civilwar - Rosters Company A, 1st TN Artillery, (accessed 23 Dec 2011).
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, CAPTAIN HUGH L. W. MCCLUNG'S TENNESSEE
LIGHT ARTILLERY COMPANY "The Caswell Artillery", (accessed 23 Dec 2011). A brief history.
- McClung's Tennessee Battery, 1st Tennessee Light Artillery Regiment, Company A, (accessed 23 Dec 2011). A reenactment group.
References[edit | edit source]
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).