Meridian Mississippi Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Meridian Family History Center serves the city of Meridian and all of Lauderdale County. Any guests are welcome to come and link their families together.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: Bounds Road Extention Meridian MS 39307 United States
- The Family History Center is located in the Ward building in the main hall. *Visitors can enter through the Northeast door.
- The room is on the left side of the hall.
- Language: English
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (1-601-483-7426.)
Closed all federal holidays.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Two computers are available with Internet connection. We have two microfiche and one microfilm reader available to visitors.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.