Mexico, Durango State Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Durango > Sagrario Metropolitano > Bautismos 1604-1637 records are found in Matrimonios 1604-1732 > in Images 5-80.
- Siánori > Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion > Matrimonios 1762-1783 and Matrimonios 1814-1869 can be found in Canelas > San Jose > Matrimonios 1787-1824, 1762-1783, 1814-1869, 1877-1881 > Images 147-193 and 401-562.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Canelas > San Jose > Matrimonios 1787-1824, 1762-1783, 1814-1869, 1877-1881 should read as Matrimonios 1787-1824,1828-1871, 1877-1881. Item 4 on Images 147-193 and Item 6 on Images 401-562 should be listed with Siánori > Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion as Matrimonios 1762-1783 and Matrimonios 1814-1869.
- Coneto de Comonfort > San Miguel Arcángel > Bautismos 1843-1891 year span should be 1843-1874.
- Durango > Sagrario Metropolitano > Matrimonios 1604-1732 actually contains Bautismos 1604-1637, Matrimonios 1604-1732.
- Durango > Sagrario Metropolitano > Matrimonios 1737-1773 year span should be 1758-1773.
- Durango > Sagrario Metropolitano > Bautismos 1736-1758 should read as Bautismos, Defunciones, Matrimonios 1736-1758.
- Indé > San Juan Bautista > Bautismos 1861-1876, 1887-1926 images are barely legible, rendering the specific year span indeterminate; the waypoint should be renamed to Bautismos 1861-1926 (faltan años).
- San Juan de Guadalupe > Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe > Bautismos 1898, 1930 Confirmaciones 1873, 1902, 1904, 1906, 1910, 1923, 1933, 1939, 1949 year span should read as Bautismos 1898-1930 Confirmaciones 1873, 1902, 1904, 1906, 1910, 1923, 1933, 1939, 1949.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
Question 3: The images in some waypoints are in disarray. Please itemize the contents of the waypoints?
Answer 3: The waypoint below has been identified as being especially disorganized:
- Cuencamé > San Antonio de Padua > Bautismos 1890-1896, 1872, 1896-1911: The records are slightly intermixed because of so many books involved on one film of 2957 images. A practical way to find records is to through an index, annotate the indexed page number, and peruse several books with the same page number to find the record. Below is listed the Item numbers, Image location, and the applicable years:
- o Items 1-2 Image 3 1890-1894
- o Items 3-4 Image 187 1893-1896
- o Item 5 Image 481 1872;
- o Items 5- 12 Image 507 1896-1903
- o Items 13-16 Image 1398 1902-1906
- o Items 17-20 Image 1725 1903-1908
- o Items 21-22 Image 2175 1907-1910
- o Items 23-27 Image 2433 1908-1911
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at email@example.com.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Mexico, Durango, Catholic Church Records, 1604-1985 > Durango > Sagrario Metropolitano > Bautismos 1736-1758 > Image 7 of 565.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Mexico, Durango, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) article.
Return to the Mexico, Durango, Catholic Church Records, 1604-1985 collection at FamilySearch.org.