Micronesia, Pohnpei, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Federated States of Micronesia|
|Location of Pohnpei, Micronesia|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Pohnpei Supreme Court, Kolonia.|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index to and images of birth, marriage, and death certificates from the State of Pohnpei, Micronesia, between the years of 1948-2009.
For a list of records by date and event currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
You can search the index or view record images. Before searching either way, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Year of the record
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Event Type
- Select Year or Inclusive Years
- Select Certificate Numbers to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009. Click on the camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
Record Finder[edit | edit source]
Consult the Federated States of Micronesia Record Finder Table to find other records
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.