Moberly Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 1049 County Road 2310 (Formerly known as Hwy 24 E at Jones corner) Moberly, MO 65270
- Use entrance closest to the parking lot and walk down the hall. The Family History Center is the second door on the right. There is a sign outside the room identifying it. If you enter through the glass double doors further along the building, turn right down the hall way and the Family History Center will be on the left.
- Wednesdays: 7:00pm-8:30pm
- By Appointment
- Please call 660-998-4541 to check for hours open
- Center volunteers may be able to schedule a time to meet at your convenience.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks. Same as Moberly School District for Inclement Weather.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 3 Computers with internet access and 1 printer
- 1 Microfilm reader
- 1 Microfiche reader
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
- Little Dixie Regional Library - There is a very good Genealogy room in the local Little Dixie regional Library with indexes of local area marriages, births, and deaths compiled from area newspapers. These papers are also available on Microfilm for patrons to view. There are several microfilm and microfiche readers available and two computers which can scan or print the items directly from the film or fiche. The library also has copies of several area cemetery books and several subscription databases not available in the Family History Center.
- Randolph County Historical Society - There are two branches of the Randolph County Historical Society in the area: one in Moberly and the other in the county seat of Huntsville. Both have a multitude of sources available for free use by the public.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.