Napier's Battalion, Tennessee Cavalry
Brief History[edit | edit source]
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin[edit | edit source]
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A - Captain William E. DeMoss - Men from Davidson County.
- Company B - Captain John Minor - Men fromMontgomery County.
- Company C - Captain W.W. Hobbs - Men from Humphreys County. 
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, Napier's Tennessee Cavalry Battalion, (accessed 31 Dec 2011).
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 10th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, (accessed 25 Apr 2012). A brief history.
- Napier's Battalion, (accessed 26 Apr 2012). Muster rolls show five companies mustered in at Waverly, Humphreys County, Tennessee.