Nashville Battalion, Tennessee Infantry (Hawkins')
Brief History[edit | edit source]
"1st Regiment, Tennessee Infantry (Maney's) - Three companies from Nashville, known as the Hawkins Nashville Battalion, after their initial commander J. M. Hawkins, consolidated into one company under command of Capt. Joseph W. Fulcher, were attached to the regiment and constituted Co. L. and were known as The Stevenson Guards." 
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit. 
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- First Tennessee Infantry Maney's, Regimental Organization, (accessed 31 Dec 2011).
- fold3$, Crew's Battalion, Infantry AND Detailed Conscripts, Tennessee (Local Defense and Special Service AND Troops, Nitre and Mining Bureau) AND Engineers Corps, Tennessee AND Harman's Regiment, Infantry AND Capt McLin's Co, Volunteers (Local Defense Troops) AND Capt Miller's Co (Local Defense Troops) AND Nashville (Hawkins') Battalion, Infantry, (accessed 25 Apr 2012). Unit information and rosters.