Organize your papers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1. Gather papers together to find what's needed, and prevent loss.[edit | edit source]
2. Put pedigree charts, to-do lists, and results lists in one pile. Put family group records in another pile.[edit | edit source]
3. Put your family group records in alphabetical order by name.[edit | edit source]
4. Put the papers about each family behind their family chart.[edit | edit source]
- Put a person’s papers from before they are married behind their parents’ family chart.
- After a person is married, put their papers behind the family chart where they appear as the husband and wife.
- Keep your pedigree charts in one folder and your To Do lists and Results Lists in another.
- You then can put the Pedigree Chart and associated papers for each family in a folder in alphabetical order by name.
- The more papers you get, the bigger the container you will need.
5. Store your papers in a safe place.[edit | edit source]