Patshull, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Patshull, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Staffordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Shifnal|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1656|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
PATSHULL (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shiffnall, S. division of the hundred of Seisdon and of the county of Stafford, 6 miles (W. by N.) from Wolverhampton. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Patshull parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PATSHULL PARISH Online Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Patshull, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 537-540. Date accessed: 01 November 2012.
- 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 September 2014.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8