Peñuelas, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Peñuelas family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
In August 25, 1793 Peñuelas Township was founded by Diego de Alvarado. In 1874, according to a census of that year, the town had been developed and had a population of 9206. Population 24,300. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Peñuelas, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Peñuelas, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe%C3%B1uelas,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/23/20.