The hundred was an administrative subdivision of a county, usually a group of two or more parishes. Little authority was left to this level of jurisdiction by the time of the County Courts Act of 1867. Land tax assessments and militia records are arranged by hundred. The list of hundreds and parishes below is from a map showing the civil parishes in the county published in 1887.
|Castlemartin||Angle, Bosheston, Castlemartin, Cosheston, Hodgeston, Lamphey, Maenorbŷr, Nash, Pembroke, Penally, Pwllcrochon, Rhoscrowdder, St. Florence, St. Petrox, St. Twinells, Stackpole Elidir, Upton, Warren|
|Cemais||Bayvil, Bont-faen, Castlebythe, Dinas, Eglwyswrw, Fishguard, Henry's Moat, Little Newcastle, Llandeilo, Llanfair Nant-gwyn, Llanfyrnach, Llangolman, Llanllawer, Llantwyd, Llanychâr, Llanychlwydog, Maenclochog, Meline, Monington, Morfil, Moylgrove, Mynachlog-ddu, Nevern, Newport, Puncheston, St. Dogmaels, Whitechurch|
|Cilgerran||Bridell, Capel Colman, Cilgerran, Cilrhedyn, Clydai, Llanfihangel Penbedw, Maenordeifi, Penrhydd|
|Dewisland||Brawdy, Granston, Hayscastle, Jordanston, Letterston, Llandeloy, Llanfair Nant-y-gof, Llanhywel, Llanrheithan, Llanrhian, Llanstinan, Llanwnda, Marnawan, Mathri, St. David's, St. Dogwells, St. Edrens, St. Elvis, St. Lawrence, St. Nicholas, Whitchurch|
|Dungleddy||Ambleston, Bletherston, Boulston, Clarbeston, Llandysilio West, Llan-y-cefn, Llawhaden, Llys-y-frân, New Moat, Prendergast, Rudbaxton, Slebech, Spital, Uzmaston, Walton East, Wiston|
|Narberth||Amroth, Begeli, Carew, Crinow, Crunwear, Gumfreston, Jeffreston, Lawrenni, Llanbedr Felffre, Llanddewi Felffre, Llanfallteg West, Loveston, Ludchurch, Martletwy, Minwear, Monkton, Mounton, Narberth, Newton North, Redberth, Reynalton, Robeston Wathen, St. Issells, Tenby, Yerbeston|
|Rhos||Burton, Camros, Dale, Freystrop, Haroldston St. Issells, Haroldston West, Hasguard, Haverfordwest, Herbrandston, Hubberston, Johnston, Lambston, Llangwm, Llanstadwel, Marloes, Nolton, Robeston West, Roch, Rosemarket, St. Brides, St. Ishmaels, St. Mary's Church Haverfordwest, St. Thomas' Church Haverfordwest, Steynton, Talbenni, Trefgarn, Walwyn's Castle, West Walton, Llandysilio East|
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Charles, B. G. The Place-Names of Pembrokeshire. 2 vols. Aberystwyth: National Library of Wales, 1992.