|Pembrokeshire Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Society[edit | edit source]
Dyfed Family History Society
The Stable Room
Cardigan, Ceredigion SA43 1JA UK
Telephone: 01239 831310
Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire UK
Telephone: 01554 891241
Prendergast Church Hall
Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 2PF UK
Telephone: 01646 650250
Llandovery (Upper Towy Valley) Branch
The Dolaubran Complex
Llandovery, Carmarthenshire SA20 0RB UK
Telephone: 01550 721101
Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA15 3AS UK
Telephone: 01267 267039
The Family History Centre
64-68 Exhibition Road
Kensington, London SW7 2PA UK
Telephone: 0207 9230302
- The Society was founded in 1982 to encourage and assist people in all parts of the world who are pursuing family history research related to Dyfed which comprises the old counties of Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire, and Pembrokeshire. The Society also welcomes members who have no Dyfed ancestors but are interested in Dyfed history generally.
Pembrokeshire Societies[edit | edit source]
- Our activities include research into all aspects of the community’s history; regular exhibitions around Pembrokeshire to display the archives; talks and lectures with experts on specific matters of historical interest in Dale, Marloes, St Brides, and St Ishmaels; and visits to sites of interest in Dale, Marloes, St Brides, and St Ishmaels.
Eglwyswrw and District Heritage Society (Cymdeithas Treftadaeth Eglwyswrw a'r Fro)
Yr Hen Ysgol
3 Roseneath Terrace
Dinas Cross, Newport SA42 0XB UK
Website: Eglwyswrw and District Heritage Society
- To collect and record local History is our aim. We have a special interest - life in the area during the war years, and especially of those who served in the forces during that time.
- The Society was formed to bring together like-minded people who were interested in researching and preserving both the history of the parish of Crunwere and also collecting the reminiscences of locals.
Pembroke and Monkton Local History Society
Monkton Priory Church Hall
Monkton, Pembroke UK
Website: Pembroke and Monkton Local History Society
Website #2: Pembroke and Monkton Local History Society
- Pembroke and Monkton Local History Society was founded with the following aims: to raise public awareness of the heritage of our communities; to research, record, and disseminate the history of Pembroke and Monkton; to encourage community participation; and to support Pembroke Museum.
- The Pembrokeshire Historical Society was formed to bring together people who share an interest in the fascinating story of Pembrokeshire and who care that our rich heritage is preserved for the future. The historical picture is expanding rapidly as geophysical surveys, more advanced dating methods, aerial reconnaissance, and advances in archaeological forensic science are revealing new sites and causing others to be re-assessed.
- The Society's Objectives are to study the history of Saundersfoot and surrounding district; its crafts, industries, architecture, its traditions and folklore, by associating together the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance knowledge for the benefit of members of the Society and the public in general.
St Davids & Dewisland Historical Society (Cymdeithas Hanesyddol Tyddewi a Phebidiog)
St Davids City Hall
Haverfordwest SA62 6SD UK
Website: St Davids & Dewisland Historical Society
- The function of the Society shall be to encourage local knowledge of st. Davids and Dewisland, by holding meetings and lectures, and other activities decided by the Committee.
- The aims of Templeton Heritage Group are to research some of the history and make it accessible to anyone interested.
- We organise meetings for members and visitors at which guest speakers present topics of general or local historical interest. We organise for members and visitors visits to local sites of historical significance.
We arrange meetings of members and visitors at which topics of local historical interest may be explored and information exchanged. We research, record and disseminate the history of Tenby and its immediate surroundings. We promote and defend the historical heritage of Tenby.