Portsmouth England Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Centre covers the South Hampshire/Chichester area including Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Chichester.
Centre Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Kingston Crescent Portsmouth Hampshire England PO2 8AQ United Kingdom
- This is part of the building across the road from Portsmouth Police Station.
- Turn down Gamble Road by the pizza shop then first right into Garfield Road and you will find the car park on your right. From the car park walk around the right hand corner of the church there is a bell next to the back door to ring for access.
- +44 0 239-269 6243.
Director of the centre - Joyce Stokes
For bookings to the centre please use my personal email: email@example.com
- Thursday and Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm. The first and third Friday evenings of every month 7-9pm (by appointment only) please contact me on the above email to make an appointment.
- It is important to contact me to make an appointment particularly if you want to attend on a Saturday as it can be very busy and if you don't make an appointment we may not be able to help you.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes Ancestry, Findmypast and myheritage
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have three computers, three microfilm readers, a microfiche reader.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.