Records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Church of Jesus Christ|
of Latter-day Saints
Online Records[edit | edit source]
Major Records Types[edit | edit source]
Below are major record types for researching Latter-day Saint ancestors. More topics are found in the sidebar to the right.
- Church Census records contain information gathered by the Church in the censuses conducted to locate and count Church members.
- Latter-day Saint Emigration and Immigration records describe the Saints who emigrated from Britain, Europe, and Scandinavia, and the journey of the pioneers to Utah.
- Church Membership records include local branch, ward, stake, and mission documents that show the births, blessings of children, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, move-ins and move-outs, and deaths of Latter-day Saints.
- Missionary records give information about members who served full-time missions for the Church.
- Patriarchal Blessings records contain blessings given to Latter-day Saints by an ordained patriarch and often include the blessing recipient's birth date, birthplace, and parents’ names.
- Priesthood records give details of church members who have held priesthood offices.
- Temple records show living and proxy priesthood ordinations, endowments, sealings to parents, and sealings to spouses.
- Ward Membership Records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints