Ryme Intrinseca, Dorset Genealogy
Guide to Ryme Intrindeca, Dorset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Ryme Intrinseca, Dorset|
|Hundred||Ryme Intrinsica Liberty|
|Poor Law Union||Sherborne|
|Parish registers: 1631|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1631|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Dorset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
RYME-INTRINSICA (St Hyppolyte), a village and a parish in Sherborne district, Dorset. The village stands 1 mile W of Yetminster railway station, and 5½ SW of Sherborne.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Ryme Intrinseca parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|Ryme Intrinseca Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 187. Date accessed: 09 July 2013.
- Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 14 April 2012.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 4 July 2012.
- 'Dorset,' Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 31 July 2012.
- 'Dorset Marriages,' Find My Past, accessed 28 July 2012.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 5 July 2012.
- 'Dorset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 10 January 2014.