Sacramento California FamilySearch Library
|Please visit our main website http://www.sacfamilysearchlibrary.org to learn about upcoming events|
The Sacramento Family History Center also known as both the Sacramento FamilySearch Library and the Sacramento California Large Multi-stake Family History Center. The Center has over 60 well trained volunteers to help the more than 15,000 patrons who visit the Center annually.
- 1 Center Location
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Location[edit | edit source]
- 2745 Eastern Avenue Sacramento California 95815 United States
- The Sacramento Family History Center is located on the northwest side of Eastern Avenue behind The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Sacramento California East Stake Center.
- From Hwy 80 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go South on Watt Ave, left onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- From Hwy 50 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go North on Watt Ave, right onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
We are temporarily closed until further notice. When we re-open our hours will be:
- 2nd Saturday:9:00am-1:00pm
Holiday Schedule: for 2020
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 20, 2020
- Presidents' Day: Monday, February 17, 2020
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day: Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Week: November 23rd through Nov. 27th, 2020
- Two weeks-Christmas/New Years Holiday: December 21, 2020 thru January 1, 2021
For Current Information go to: sacfamilysearchlibrary.org
Class are posted on our local web site: www.SacFamilySearchLibrary.org
Library Staff[edit | edit source]
- Directors: Phil and Donna Horner
- Outreach: Laurie Markham
- Technology: Chuck Athey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Scanning: Steve Lloyd
- Social Media: Nancy Edwards
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have 6800 + films in our 'Extended' film collection that covers many parts of the world. If you have a film number, call 916-487-2090 to see if it's already in our inventory.
- We have in our library an extraordinary collection of German books.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which provides free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Additionally, we have other database programs for information storing of your family history work such as Legacy, RootsMagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, and Family Insight to name a few. Other software that is available for patron use includes, Get My Ancestors, AniMap, Family Atlas, Family History Resourse File.''
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have 35 computer workstations for patron use, 4 printers, 2 microfilm readers and 3 digital film/fiche scanner.with the ability to save document to "flash drive",
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
- We have competent researchers that specialize in German, English, Scottish, Irish, African American, and Scandinavian, in addition to our dedicated staff of United States Researchers.
- We also offer Computer and Database assistance for "Legacy, Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and Reunion for MAC" users.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
Our local web site can be found at http://sacfamilysearchlibrary.org
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
The Sacramento Family History Center has many opportunities for you to serve as a Volunteer, or as a Missionary. Please call: 916 487-2090 or you can apply online
For help and guidelines for editing this page, see the Adding details to a FHC page article.