Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
a
Line 1: Line 1:  
:''Not to be confused with pre-1802 Wyman's Plantation (Kennebec Co.) now [[Vienna, Maine|Vienna, Maine]]''.<br><br>
 
:''Not to be confused with pre-1802 Wyman's Plantation (Kennebec Co.) now [[Vienna, Maine|Vienna, Maine]]''.<br><br>
   −
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine|Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Wyman Township''' <br><br>{{JcksnPlnttn}}'''Wyman''' land was formerly part of two extinct [[Maine plantations|plantations]], and now is unorganized territory ([[Maine townships|township]]) on the central east side of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as part of [[Bloomfield Plantation, Maine|Bloomfield Plantation]] in 1841.<ref name="Bloomfield">Coplin Plantation and Wyman Township apparently were also known as Bloomfield Plantation before they became part of Jackson Plantation according to [https://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/archives/result_3.pl?idtype=RECNUMB&amp;amp;amp;idnum=418&amp;amp;amp;db=7 Bloomfield] in ''Miscellaneous Municipal Records Filed with the State'' section of  ''Maine Archive Interactive'' (accessed 21 September 2013).</ref> Then it became part of the sprawling [[Jackson Plantation, Maine|Jackson Plantation]] in 1845. Years later, a part of Jackson Plantation (Eustis) seceded in 1857.<ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=eustis Eustis, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> Two parts of Jackson were set off as Coplin and Lang plantations in 1866, leaving what later became Wyman as the only remaining piece of the Jackson Plantation.<ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=coplin_plantation Coplin Plantation, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> <ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=lang_township Lang Township, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> Apparently, it carried the Jackson Plantation name and status until 1895 when Jackson went extinct, and Wyman Township was created.<ref>[https://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/archives/result_3.pl?idtype=ID&amp;idnum=1432&amp;db=10 Jackson Plantation] in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of  ''Maine Archive Interactive'' (accessed 22 September 2013). States that Jackson Plantation organization end date was 11-13-1895.</ref> Part of Wyman Township was used to create part of [[Carrabassett Valley, Maine|Carrabasset Valley]] in 1971.<ref>Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 68, 71, 81, and 218 (digital pp. 77, 80, 90, and 227). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link in the FHL Catalog}}.</ref>  
+
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine|Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Wyman Township''' <br><br>{{JcksnPlnttn}}'''Wyman''' land was formerly part of two extinct [[Maine plantations|plantations]], and now is unorganized territory (a [[Maine townships|township]]) on the central east side of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as part of [[Bloomfield Plantation, Maine|Bloomfield Plantation]] in 1841.<ref name="Bloomfield">Coplin Plantation and Wyman Township apparently were also known as Bloomfield Plantation before they became part of Jackson Plantation according to [https://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/archives/result_3.pl?idtype=RECNUMB&amp;amp;amp;amp;idnum=418&amp;amp;amp;amp;db=7 Bloomfield] in ''Miscellaneous Municipal Records Filed with the State'' section of  ''Maine Archive Interactive'' (accessed 21 September 2013).</ref> Then it became part of the sprawling [[Jackson Plantation, Maine|Jackson Plantation]] in 1845. Years later, a part of Jackson Plantation (Eustis) seceded in 1857.<ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=eustis Eustis, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> Two parts of Jackson were set off as Coplin and Lang plantations in 1866, leaving what later became Wyman as the only remaining piece of the Jackson Plantation.<ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=coplin_plantation Coplin Plantation, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> <ref>[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=lang_township Lang Township, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 24 June 2013).</ref> Apparently, it carried the Jackson Plantation name and status until 1895 when Jackson went extinct, and Wyman Township was created.<ref>[https://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/archives/result_3.pl?idtype=ID&amp;amp;idnum=1432&amp;amp;db=10 Jackson Plantation] in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of  ''Maine Archive Interactive'' (accessed 22 September 2013). States that Jackson Plantation organization end date was 11-13-1895.</ref> Part of Wyman Township was used to create part of [[Carrabassett Valley, Maine|Carrabasset Valley]] in 1971.<ref>Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 68, 71, 81, and 218 (digital pp. 77, 80, 90, and 227). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link in the FHL Catalog}}.</ref>  
    
=== References  ===
 
=== References  ===
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
73,384

edits

Navigation menu