Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search
7 bytes removed ,  11:19, 20 January 2010
m
fix portal link
District courts had jurisdiction over all civil and criminal matters in [[Portal:Alaska|Alaska]] before statehood. Federal district judges were appointed as early as 1884. The entire territory had only one district, administered by a judge in Sitka, until 1903, when three districts were created with judges at Juneau, Saint Michaels, and Eagle City. The fourth district was added in 1909, and the four seats were placed in Juneau, Nome, Valdez (moved to Anchorage in 1943), and Fairbanks.
The areas served by these districts are as follows:
28,135

edits

Navigation menu