Sturdivant's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brief History[edit | edit source]
- Organized in March 1862.
- This unit served as an independent command, but for a time in 1864 was part of the 12th Battalion Virginia Artillery.
- It was stationed at Petersburg and in March 1863, contained 4 officers and 76 men. Attached to F. J. Boggs' Battalion the company was active south of the James River.
- On June 15, 1864, many of the men and two guns were captured.
- Later it served in N. A. Sturdivant's Battalion of Artillery and surrendered 3 officers and 45 men at Appomattox.
- Captain Nathaniel A. Sturdivant was in command.
- also called Albemarle Artillery