Sweden, Värmland Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: I cannot view these images even when I sign in with my FamilySearch Account login. How can I view the images?
Answer 1: FamilySearch has limited rights, given by the record custodian, to publish the Sweden, Värmland Church Records, 1509-1925; index 1640-1860 collection online. These images can be viewed with a church account login (members of the contributing organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) and at a local FamilySearch Center . Please contact the FamilySearch Center to verify that they are certified to view these images.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: Some records in this collection seem to be missing? Where can I find the missing records?
Answer 2: Some records have yet to be published online; others are found under the wrong waypoint. A list of the records we know of so far are as follows:
- Väse församling > E 2 Lysings 1834-1839 and Östra Fågelvik socken 1834 is missing online. These records may be found on film # 82285.
- Väse församling > E 3 Vidge 1840-1850 is found under H V Bilagor till lysnings- och vigselböcker.
- Väse församling > H V Bilagor till lysnings- och vigselböcker is missing online. These records may be found on film # 418919.
Films found in Answers #1 and #2 may be viewed at the Family History Library or some FamilySearch Centers. Call ahead to check if the film is available at your local center. The original copies of the Church records before 1895 are preserved by the National and Regional Archives in Sweden.
For more information on locating Swedish records, see Swedish Church Records.
- Go to the Sweden, Värmland Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Sweden, Värmland Church Records, 1509-1925; index 1640-1860 collection at FamilySearch.org