Swynnerton, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Swynnerton, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Staffordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Stone|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1675|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Swynnerton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire. Other places in the parish include: Acton, Beech, Hatton, Yarnfield, Millstone Green, Shelton, Stableford, and Millstone.
SWINNERTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stone, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Stone. A Roman Catholic chapel is attached to Swinnerton Hall. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Swynnerton St Mary Ancient Parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|SWYNNERTON PARISH (1558) Online Records|
|FREG||1558-1628, 1646-1837||1559-1627, 1646-1837||1558-1626, 1646-1837|
Yarnfield St Barnabas was the mission church for this parish but no deposited records are held.
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Swynnerton, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 289-292. Date accessed: 06 November 2012.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8