Tananger Parish, Rogaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Tananger, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
|Amt 1689-1919||1662-1682: Stavanger stiftamt, |
1682-1919: Stavanger amt
|Fogderi||Jæderen og Dalene|
Church Records[edit | edit source]
The records begin in 1671 and contain priest and sexton records from the parishes Sola (Sole), Tananger, Tjora and Madla (Malle) in Håland clerical district. Håland clerical district became Sola clerical district in 1967. These parishes were part of Stavanger (the Latin school) before 1741, and the parishes Håland, Sola and Tjora became Sola parish in 1840.
Microfilms at the Family History Library cover the years: 1671-1913. See FamilySearch Catalog for full details and microfilm numbers.
- Christenings (Døbte): 1671-1900
- Introductions (Introduserte): 1671-1774, 1794-1798
- Absolutions (Absolverte): 1671-1770
- Confirmations (Konfirmerte): 1795-1900
- Banns (Lysninger): 1799-1807
- Engagements (Trolovede): 1671-1799
- Marriages (Viede): 1671-1913
- Stillborn (Dødfødte): 1803-1886
- Burials (Begravede): 1671-1892
- Vaccinations (Vaksinerte): 1828-1867
- Moving in and out (Inflyttede og Utflyttede): 1794-1812, 1816-1913
- Church census (Sjeleregister): 1758
Digital images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Court Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1701. The court records contain reports of civil and criminal actions, including the allodial rights, "odelssaker". You will find names, dates, places, and relationships in these records. The records have no indexes, therefore require time to study. They are excellent sources for genealogical research and at times you can find entire families through several generations. These records must be used in conjunction with the mortgage records, probate records, or other records.
Land Records[edit | edit source]
- 1724-1913: These mortgage records give information about real estate, conveyances, mortgages, and other transactions of properties. Contracts, agreements, and deeds are also recorded in these books. The panteregisters are extracts of these records. Digitised Real Estate Registers at Digitalarkivet.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
1666-1822: Probate records will be in the Jæren og Dalane judicial district.
1823-1896: Probate records will be in the Jæren judicial district.
1823-1896: Clerical probate records will be in the Jæren Deanery.
The probate records usually contain the date of probate, name of the deceased, names of heirs, guardians and trustees, inventory lists, land and holdings, and other miscellaneous information.
Farm Book[edit | edit source]
- "Gard og ætt i Sola," [Stavanger]: Utgjevar Sola kommune, 1974.
948.31/S8 D2r FHL INTL Book 948.31/S8 D2r Suppl. FHL INTL Book
- Index to: Gard og ætt i Sola av Sigurd Refheim publ: Utgjevar Sola kommune, 1974.
948.31/S8 D2r index FHL INTL Book
Farm Book on the Internet[edit | edit source]
This site does more than list the people and their families on a farm. It gives the sources and materials for the record. The farms are listed alphabetically in the left-hand column. When you click on the farm a large graph appears. Across the top are the centuries, 1500-1900. Down the left side of the graph are the sources pertaining to the farm. They include tax records, birth and death records, census records, emigrants, and a list of graves in the cemetery, as well as other sources from the 1500`s to the 1900`s.
At the bottom of the list is a link, "Gard og Ætt," which goes to the page where the inhabitants are listed by families.