Terengganu, Malaysia Genealogy
|Malaysia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
State Information[edit | edit source]
Terengganu, also known by its Arabic honorific, Darul Iman, or the "Abode of Faith", is located on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It covers an area of 13,035 km2 (5,033 sq mile). Its capital city is Kuala Terengganu. The Sultan is the head of state, while the Menteri Besar is the head of government.
Terenggannu is one of the most homogeneous states in Malaysia. More than 95% of the total population is Malay, however, there are other ethnic groups such as Chinese, Indians, Siamese, and Orang Asli (indigenous people). There are two groups of Orang Asli in this state, the Semaq Beris and the Batek people.
Research Tools[edit | edit source]
- List of Cemeteries in Terengganu
- List of Clan Associations in Terengganu
- Official Portal of Terengganu State Government
- A note on the Orang Yunnan in Terengganu
- The late Mr. Tay Wee Jin 郑为仁