Texas, Passenger and Crew Lists Arriving at Various Ports - FamiySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Texas, Passenger and crew lists arriving at various ports, 1896-1951
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Texas, Galveston, Galveston, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1848-1851 (30 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger and crew lists and Indexes|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|National Archives Identifier||4527179 45271874527192|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Passenger and crew lists of vessels arriving at Galveston, Texas. The publication corresponds with NARA publications M1357, M1358, M1359 and were filmed at the NARA facility in College Park, Maryland. The records are part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Indexes to Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston, Texas, 1896-1906 M1357
- Index to Passenger of Vessels Arriving at Galveston, Texas, 1906-1951
- Passenger Lists of Vessles Arriving at Galvestonn, Teaxs,1891-1957. M1359
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records: This collection contains passenger lists of U.S. citizens arriving at Galveston, Texas, 1896-1951. The records may contain
- Ports and dates of departure and arrival
- Marital status
- Date and place of birth
- Date and court of naturalization (if naturalized)
These records correspond with NARA publications M1357, M1358, M1359 and were filmed at the NARA facility in College Park, Maryland.
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if if provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Search the indexes and records of other port cities
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
- Texas Guided Research
- Texas Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Passenger and crew lists of vessels arriving at Galveston [and other nearby ports, Texas, 1896-1948; index, 1896-1951 : NARA RG85 M1357, M1358, and M1359]
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.