The Knowles Collection -- Jews of the Americas
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews of the Americas. This database deals with the Jewish people who appear in the records of North America, and Canada. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (over 489,000 in this database as of Jan 2015). Until now, these records were available only as individual sources available either through The Family History Library or through archives and individuals from throughout the world.
This record contains[edit | edit source]
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available
- Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Major North American Record Sets in the Collection[edit | edit source]
- Over 125 family histories.
- A large collection of cemetery records, including records from Louisiana, New York, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia.
- Immigration records into the Philadlphia.
- Census records from Canada and the United States.
Before using this record know[edit | edit source]
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection[edit | edit source]
Search this collection through the [[Community_Trees_Project|FamilySearch Community Tree] website. Look for the section on Knowles Collection. More information on the Knowles Collection can be found at knowlescollection.blogspot.com.
How to search the record[edit | edit source]
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
Tips[edit | edit source]
There are two types of records in this database:
- Those which have been added by Todd Knowles.In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.