United States History Bibliography
Jump to navigation Jump to search
United States History[edit | edit source]
The following are only a few of the many sources that are available:
- The Almanac of American History,  This provides brief historical essays and chronological descriptions of thousands of key events in United States history.
- The Colonial Image: Origins of American Culture, 
- Dictionary of American History, Revised ed This includes historical sketches on various topics in U.S. history, such as wars, people, laws, and organizations.
- A History of the United States, 
- The History of the United States of America,  The history of the United States of America, from the discovery of the continent to the organization of government under the federal Constitution. 1497-1789
- Webster's Guide to American History: A Chronological, Geographical, and Biographical Survey and Compendium This includes a history, some maps, tables, and other historical information.
- Writings on American History 
Websites[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Schlesinger, Jr., Arthur M. The Almanac of American History. Greenwich, Conn.: Bison Books, 1983. (FHL book 973 H2alm) Worldcat
- Selected and edited with introduction and notes by Miller, John Chester. The Colonial Image: Origins of American Culture. George Braziller New York 1962. 500 Pages. Full text at questia Worldcat 390871.
- Dictionary of American History, Revised ed., 8 vols. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1976. (FHL book 973 H2ad.)Worldcat A snippet view is available at Google books.
- Doub, William Coligny. Published by The Macmillan Company, 1905. 631 pages. Worldcat, Full text is available at Google Books
- The History of the United States of America Hildreth, Richard. Edition: revised. Published by Harper & brothers, 1880 Item notes: v. 1. Original from the University of Michigan. Digitized Jul 27, 2005. Worldcat, Full text available at Google Books
- Webster's Guide to American History: A Chronological, Geographical, and Biographical Survey and Compendium. Springfield, Mass.: G C Merriam, 1971. (FHL book 973 H2v) Limited view at Google Books Worldcat
- Writings on American History By American Historical Association, Library of Congress, United States National Historical Publications Commission, Published by KTO Press, 1921 FHL book 973 H23w Worldcat Has the full text available at Google Books