Rebecca Christensen[edit | edit source]
Rebecca Christensen is a professional genealogist located in Lawrence, Kansas. She is experienced in U.S. research in several geographic areas. Her research services include custom U.S. research projects, Kansas research and records retrieval, consultations and problem solving.
Professional Experience[edit | edit source]
- Active genealogical researcher, 1980-present.
- Professional genealogist, 1995-present.
Previous in-depth, multi-generational family research projects in the following areas: Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Ireland, Scotland.
Volunteer Experience[edit | edit source]
- Genealogical Consultant (volunteer), 1988-1997.
- Family History Center staff, 1997-present.
- Family History Center Director, 2005-present.
- FamilySearch Indexing, indexer and arbitrator
- DNA Projects Co-Administrator, 2001-present.
Assisted many people with genealogical research in locations worldwide.
Archives and Libraries[edit | edit source]
- Kansas Historical Society, Topeka, Kansas
- National Archives at Kansas City
- Midwest Genealogy Center, Independence, Missouri
- Eisenhower Presidential Library, Abilene, Kansas (travel costs additional)
- Family History Center
- research trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- other local repositories
Professional Associations & Memberships[edit | edit source]
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) member, 1995-present.
- APG Heartland Chapter, co-founder, former Chapter Representative, Program Chair, Treasurer.
- Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals, Kansas specialist
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Pace Society of America
Contact Information[edit | edit source]