User:Wonghk3/Sandbox/WU-Contributors -- Getting Help
How can I get help?[edit | edit source]
There may be times, especially if you are a new contributor to Wiki, when you need help. Where can you go?
The following sections provide support to Wiki contributors.
Here is a mini-video that provides a simple demonstration: [place link to VIDEO 14 here].
Research Wiki resources[edit | edit source]
Where can I find a Wiki project to work on?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Edit the Wiki, you will find a link to Wiki Projects.
Where can I ask a question or get clarification regarding my Wiki project?
- - attend the Wednesday Community Team Meetings: Every Wednesday at 11:00am MT, except the fifth Wednesday.
- - request access to the Yammer Community "Chat" Group.
- - open a User Talk page and ask your question. See Your Personal Pages.
Where can I get more help using the two Wiki editors?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Edit the Wiki, you will find a link to Wiki University.
- - Click on the desired tab in Wiki University to find comprehensive training in either Visual Editor or Wikitext Editor.
Where can I go to report a problem in the Wiki?
- - In the Research Wiki sidebar, under Give Feedback, you will find a link to Report a Problem.
FamilySearch resources[edit | edit source]
- If you are experiencing general FamilySearch issues, click on the Contact Us link in the Research Wiki sidebar under Give Feedback.
- If you are experiencing technical issues, contact FamilySearch Global Service Center.
- FamilySearch Site Map
- Find Historical Records
- Visit the Help Center
- Yammer Research Help **Official**
Research resources[edit | edit source]
- List of Online Genealogy Records by Location
- List of Historical Record Collections
- A 47-minute How To video: FamilySearch Research Wiki: What it Can Do for You!
- A collection of 5 minute videos on how to use the Wiki and research in different countries: Wiki Wizard Videos