Utah, Uintah County Land and Property Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Utah, Uintah County Land and Property Records, 1888-2004
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Uintah, Utah, |
|Flag of Utah|
|Location of Uintah County, Utah|
|Location of Utah|
|Uintah County Clerk|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of images of deeds, deed indexes, and mining claim records located in the county courthouse in Vernal for the years 1888 to 2004.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Utah, Uintah County Land and Property Records, 1888-2004.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Names of interested parties
- Nature of Instrument
- Date of Transaction
- Legal description of the Property
- Amount of Money exchanged
- Details of the Transaction
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The names of interested parties
- The date of the transaction
- The location of the property
Search the Index[edit | edit source]
|This collection does not have a searchable index. Only images are available. See View the Images to access them.|
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Category
- Select Record Type, Volume, and Year Range to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Utah, Uintah County Land and Property Records, 1888-2004. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
- Church Records often were kept years before government records were required and are a good source for finding ancestors before 1900
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Try viewing the original record to see if there were errors in the transcription of the name, age, residence, etc. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
- Search the indexes and records of Utah, United States Genealogy
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Utah.
- Beginning United States Land and Property Research
- Utah Guided Research
- Utah Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1905 | 1900-Present
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.