Villalba, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Villalba family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
Villalba was founded in 1917 by José Ramón Figueroa y Rivera and Walter McJones.
Hurricane Maria on September 20, 2017 triggered numerous landslides in Villalba with the significant amount of rainfall.
The entire electrical system was destroyed. Villalba's emergency operations center and an assisted living center were among the many buildings destroyed in Villalba.
In 2010, The United States Census listed the population as: 26,000. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Villalba, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Villalba, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villalba,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/29/20.