Walworth St Peter, Surrey Genealogy
Guide to Walworth St Peter, Surrey ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Walworth St Peter, Surrey|
|Poor Law Union||Newington St Mary|
|Parish registers: 1825|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1825|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - Winchester; Post-1845 - London|
|Probate Court||Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of the Arches, Croydon, and Shoreham; Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WALWORTH, a metropolitan suburb and three chapelries in Newington parish, Surrey. A Baptist chapel was built in 1864.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Court of the Deanery of the Arches of London, Croydon, and Shoreham probate records are available online at FamilySearch for free.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- St Peter's Church, Walworth London SE17 (official website). History, photographs, visitor directions, service times.
References[edit | edit source]
- John Marius Wilson Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- Batch C055861, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- Batch M055861, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- 'Greater London Burials: South London Burials: Parishes, Period and Counts,' British Origins (£), accessed 4 April 2013.
- 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.