Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Alpine Stake, Utah
The Alpine Stake (now the Alpine Utah Stake), organized in 1901, was the parent of the dozens of stakes in northern Utah County.
Source for this page: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 14.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
[edit | edit source]
- 13 January 1901: Utah County north of approximately 800 North in Orem
- 1 August 1913: The southern boundary (adjoining Utah Stake) was agreed upon by the two stakes as a line formed by Geneva Road (now Lindon 600 South/Orem 1600 North at Lindon Marina) east to what is now Orem 1200 West, south to Provo Canyon Road (now Orem 800 North), east to what is now Orem 800 East, north to what is now Orem 1200 North, then east to the mountains.
- 1 July 1928: American Fork, Highland, and Alpine, Utah County, Utah
- Headquarters: American Fork, Utah (Alpine Stake Tabernacle)
History Timeline[edit | edit source]
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in this area.
- 1850-1852 - Mormon Pioneers several in several locations in northern Utah Valley, including Lott Settlement/Evansville (Lehi), McArthursville (American Fork), Mountainville (Alpine), and Battle Creek (Pleasant Grove).
- 19 March 1851 - Utah Stake is organized in Provo, including all of Utah Valley.
- 13 January 1901 - Alpine Stake is created by a division of Utah Stake: the northern part of Utah County being included in Alpine Stake, the southern part in the new Nebo Stake and the Provo/Orem area retaining the old name of Utah Stake. Alpine Stake includes wards in Pleasant Grove, Lindon, American Fork, Highland, Alpine, Lehi, and Cedar Fort.
- 1 July 1928 - Alpine Stake is divided into the Alpine, Timpanogos (Pleasant Grove), and Lehi Stakes. Alpine Stake retains only the wards in American Fork, Highland, and Alpine.
- 12 May 1963 - Alpine Stake is divided to form the American Fork Stake
- 10 August 1980 - Alpine Utah Stake is divided to form the Highland Utah Stake
- 23 June 1996 - Alpine Utah North Stake is created.
- 1 June 2003 - Alpine Utah West Stake is created.
Obtain the Records[edit | edit source]
- List of Alpine Stake church and other records at the FamilySearch Library.
- List of Alpine Stake records at the Church History Library, catalogued under LR 10594.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Wards and Branches[edit | edit source]
- Alpine Ward (1901-)
- American Fork 1st-4th Wards (1901-1963)
- Cedar Valley Ward (1901-1928)
- Fairfield Branch/Ward (1901-1928)
- Highland Ward (1915-1980)
- Lehi Ward (1901-1903), 1st-4th Wards (1903-1928), 5th Ward (1920-1928)
- Lindon Ward (1901-1928)
- Manila Ward (1901-1928)
- Pleasant Grove Ward (1901-1909), 1st-3rd Wards (1909-1928)
- Lindon 2nd/Windsor Ward (1915-1928)
References[edit | edit source]
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 14.
- Journal History of the Church 8/1/1913