Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Lindon, Utah County, Utah
Church Units and Boundaries[edit | edit source]
Wards and Branches of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Lindon, Utah County, Utah:
- Stakes: Utah Stake (1890-1901), Alpine Stake (1901-1928), Timpanogos Stake (1928-)
- 1890: Pleasant Grove 3rd Ward (later renamed Lindon) extended north to Pleasant Grove city limits (now 750 N in Lindon), south to the vicinity of Provo Canyon Road (now Orem 800 North), west to Utah Lake, and east to the mountains
- 1 August 1913: In preparation for creating more wards on the Provo Bench (Orem), a precise south boundary line of Lindon Ward is agreed upon by Alpine and Utah Stakes: from Utah Lake (at what is now the Lindon Marina) east along Geneva Road (now Lindon 600 S) to what is now 1200 W Orem, thence south to Provo Canyon Road (800 N Orem), thence east to what is now 800 E Orem, thence north to what is now 1200 N Orem, thence to the mountains.
- 22 August 1915: when Windsor Ward is created, the southern boundary is moved to about 4th South.
Obtain the Records[edit | edit source]
in the Church History Library are catalogued under LR 10595.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
History Timeline to 1941[edit | edit source]
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in this area.
- February 1852: the earliest settlers in Lindon are included in the Pleasant Grove Branch when it is organized
- 20 April 1890: The Pleasant Grove Ward is divided, with the 2nd Ward covering Lindon. By 1900, the name was changed to Lindon Ward. 
- 13 January 1901: Lindon Ward is assigned to the newly organized Alpine Stake.
- 5 September 1915: Lindon Ward is divided into the Lindon 1st (northern) and 2nd (southern) Wards.
- 11 January 1925: The Lindon 2nd Ward is officially renamed the Windsor Ward, and the 1st Ward becomes the Lindon Ward.
References[edit | edit source]
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 435.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
- Lindon, our town: from wagon trails in the desert to vapor trails in the skies
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8/1/1913
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4/20/1890
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9/5/1915