Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire Genealogy
Guide to Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire|
|Poor Law Union||Hardingstone|
|Parish registers: 1550|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1708|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
YARDLEY-HASTINGS (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Hardingstone, hundred of Wymmersley, S. division of the county of Northampton, 8½ miles (E. S. E.) from Northampton. There is a place of worship for Independents. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Bishop's Transcripts (Ancestry) - £|
|AC PRs = Northamptonshire, England, Parish Registers (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FREG||1550-1653, 1701-1791, 1813-1913||1580-1653, 1754-1890||1571-1653, 1767-1913|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 707-716. Adapted. Date accessed: 26 November 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1532-1812', Ancestry, accessed 1 June 2016.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Church of England Marriages, 1754-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.