Alamosa Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Alamosa Colorado Family History Center serves the San Luis Valley region of south-central Colorado. On a clear day, you can look to the south and look into New Mexico.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 300 Richardson Ave Alamosa CO 81101 United States
- Entrance to the building is on the north side of the chapel.
- Parking is available in the east parking lot and also on the street.
- Front door is usually locked, but there is a bell on your left to ring for the staff to come.
- Language:English, Spanish
- Please call during scheduled hours. There is no answering system attached to this number.
- Monday: 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
Family History Research and Help:
- Tuesday: 10:00am-4:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-3:30pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
For groups or to schedule an appointment for a time not listed above contact:
Evon Trower 719-589-5464
- A Binder on the Old & New Manassa cemeteries
- Various Foreign Research Books
- San Luis Valley Info
- San Luis Valley Cemeteries
- Newspaper – Obits/Weddings/Vital
- History of Alamosa Colorado Stake
- San Luis Valley Stake Histories
- Spanish Records Info
- SLV Historian
- SLV Genealogical Society Journal
- World Conference Records
- Joseph F Smith – Doctrines of Salvation
- Various Donated Family Histories
Databases and Software
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Free Access to Ancestry.com
- Free Access to Find My Past
- Free Access to My Heritage
- Free Access to Fold3
- Free Access to Geneanet
- and more
Hardware and Equipment
- Free Access to Computers for Family History Research
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
This Family History Center is located next to Adams State University which houses Luther Bean Museum. Also the Adams State University Library contains local research.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.