Australia, South Australia, Land Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Small collection of land-related records from South Australia. The collection includes enrollment books, index books to the deposits and enrollments, and memorial books. Original records are located in the State Records of South Australia, Adelaide.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
== Collection Content == (Only use these headings and sub-headings when available)
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
- Image File Name
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
Search the Index[edit | edit source]You will be able to search this collection when it is published.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at title number Title of catalog record. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
=== How Do I Analyze the Results? === (Cut and Paste entire section) Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look at an image of the original record. The original may contain information that was not recorded in the index or transcription.
- Use the information you have found to find the person in a census records.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This can help you find possible relatives.
- Check for other names. An individual might appear under an unexpected name for a variety of reasons:
- - They might have been listed under a middle name
- -A woman may have returned to her maiden name after the death of her husband.
- Consult the Australia Record Finder to find other records
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Australia.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
Australia, South Australia, Land Records, 1841-1981 Database, Images, or database and images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : publication date. State Records of South Australia, Adelaide..
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.