Boughton Aluph, Kent Genealogy
Guide to Boughton Aluph, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Boughton Aluph, Kent|
Boughton Aluph All Saints Kent
|Poor Law Union||East Ashford|
|Registration District||East Ashford|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BOUGHTON ALUPH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of East Ashford, hundred of Wye, lathe of Shepway, E division of Kent, 4 miles NNE from Ashford. 
Boughton Aluph All Saints is an Ancient Anglican parish in the Diocese of Canterbury within the Wye, Kent parish and one of three churches in the parish; including the redundant church of Eastwell, Kent St Mary See also Wye Benefice website
There is also a Baptist Church in the village Boughton Baptist Chapel Wye Road.
The church of All Saints, Church lane has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Boughton Aluph parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Kent, Parish Registers (FamilySearch) - free|
|MIDK = Mid-Kent Marriage Index 1754-1911 - free|
|Boughton Aluph Online Parish Records|
|FMP||1558-1870||1558-1953; 1755-1824 (Banns)||1558-1903|
|FS PRs||1755-1900 (banns)|
Census records[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Category:England Family History Centres
- Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
- Introduction to Family History Centers to locate outside UK. Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate - FamilySearch Historical Records and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments - FamilySearch Historical Records means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 314-317. Date Accessed: 15 July 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish baptism records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish banns', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Coverage of Kent parish burial records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- 'England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 12 November 2013.
- 'Mid-Kent Marriage Index 1754-1911,' Woodchurch Ancestry Group, accessed 16 January 2014.
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.