British Columbia Biographies
|British Columbia Wiki Topics|
|British Columbia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
- British Columbia from the earliest times to the present, by Ethelbert Olaf Stuart Scholefield, published in 1914. Volumes 3 and 4 contain biographies of prominent citizens.
- Lives Lived West of the Divide: A Biographical Dictionary of Fur Traders Working West of the Rockies, 1793-1858, Volumes 1-3 ($) by Bruce McIntyre Watson (Okanagan: University of British Columbia, The Centre for Social, Spatial and Economic Justice, 2010). Volume 1-3.
- Biographical dictionary of well-known British Columbians: with a historical sketch by J. B. Kerr (Vancouver, BC: Kerr & Begg, 1890)
- British Columbia, pictorial and biographical, volumes 1 and 2, by Ethelbert Olaf Stuart Scholefield (Vancouver: S.J. Clarke Publishing Co., 1914). Online at University of Victoria's Digital Collections.
- Index to Biography Files Held at the Richmond, British Columbia, Canada City Archives
Biographical Dictionaries and Compiled Biographies
- Who's Who in British Columbia, published in various editions. Many libraries have incomplete collections. The British Columbia Archives has 1931, 1933-34, 1937-39, 1940-41, 1942-43, 1944-46, 1947-48, 1949-50, 1953, 1969 (vols. 1-10).
- For Vancouver Island residents, see Imperial Vancouver Island: Who Was Who 1850-1950 by John Francis Bosher edited by Ian Large (Amazon Digital Services, Inc., Second Edition, 2012).
Indexes to British Columbia Biographies
- Who's who in Who's who : an index to biographical dictionaries of British Columbians by R. Dale McIntosh, (University of Victoria (British Columbia). Public History Group, 1991).
Collections of biographies at the Family History Library are generally listed in the Locality Search of the FamilySearch Catalog under one of the following
CANADA, BRITISH COLUMBIA - BIOGRAPHY
CANADA - BIOGRAPHY
Compiled biographies may also be found in local, regional, ethnic or other histories.
CANADA, BRITISH COLUMBIA - [TOWN OR REGION]