California Research Tips and Strategies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:35, 19 December 2014 by Evancol (Created page with "=== California Research Strategies === Below are links to different research strategy pages to help you locate your ancestors in Alaska:<br> :[[California Online Genealogy Re...")
California Research Strategies[edit | edit source]
Below are links to different research strategy pages to help you locate your ancestors in Alaska:
- California Online Genealogy Records
- How to find California Birth Records
- How to find California Marriage Records
- How to find California Death Records
California Research Tips[edit | edit source]
These tips will help you as your research your ancestors in Alaska.
- Birth information: Birth records in California start on the county level in 1905 - although not all counties complied with the law. The best substitute record for locating birth information is death records (the majority of death records will list the date of birth of the decedent, and since death certificates are considered a primary resource, they can provide you with the same documentation as a birth certificate). Or, try these other substitute records.
- Finding Parents: The State of California began recording deaths in 1905. They often will list the parents of the deceased and their birth information. Search Arkansas death records
- Look in all censuses: Always look for your ancestor in every possible census. There are clues regarding immigration, naturalization, and occupation that can lead to other records. Sometimes parents can be found living with their children later in life. Search U.S. Censuses.