Croatia Compiled Genealogies
|Croatia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
It has been reported that some Croatian registers may be housed in the Episcopal Archives in Trieste, Italy (L’indirizzo dell’archivo episcopalisto in Trieste). However, this information could not be verified because the address of such archives was not found.
Research use: Quickly provides family relationships and clues to search other record types more effectively.
Record type: Chart of ancestral lineage.
General: Interspersed in the archives of noble families and compiled into collections. The information goes back to the 14th century though the pedigrees were created at later periods.
Time period: 1500-1945.
Contents: Family names, relationships, and sometimes dates.
Location: Historical archives and the Croatia State Archive.
Population coverage: 5% or less.
Reliability: As a compiled record, they are subject to errors of judgment and transcription.
- Croatia Genealogy Links
- Croatia Genealogy Resources by FEEFHS
- Croatia GenWeb
- Croatian Genealogy Newsletter
- Croatian Heritage by Adam S. Eterovich
- Croatian Research at the Family History Library by Thomas K. Edlund
- Donauschwaben in Slavonia
- Guide to Croatian Genealogy by Adam S. Eterovich
- Our Slavonian Ancestors by Joseph Esterreicher
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Croatia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1999.