England, Dorset, Parish Registers - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This page details problems identified in this collection and may provide answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
Question #1: I am having problems seeing images. What can I do?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Dorset County Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older, and all marriage images must be 75 years or older. If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted. The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Besides having to sign in first prior to trying to access any records, there are several image visibility issues that need to be corrected with this collection:
- Currently, the images associated with the indexed records in this collection cannot be viewed from the record detail pages. If the birth, marriage, and death records comply with the year restrictions, images can only be browsed. If searching indexed records, and you get the message “Image information is not available. Please try again later” OR “No image available” on the record detail page, you may try using the NOTE above to help you find the corresponding browse path to search for the image by browsing.
- The images are available on microfilm. See the NOTE above to order a microfilm.
- The images may be available at the Dorset History Centre.
- If browsing, you will have to Sign in to see free image.
- If browsing, some browse points will return an “Oops” message as you try to advance through the images. Currently, there is no resolution for this problem.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Dorset, Parish Registers, 1538-1936 > Dorset > Bradpole, Bradpole > Marriage banns, marriages, 1754-1812 > Image 7 of 50.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Dorset, Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England, Dorset, Parish Registers, 1538-1936 collection at FamilySearch.org.