FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 April 2016
Layout Change - Danielle Batson
- Sandbox explanation
- Permanent link
- Page Information
- Tool Options change when moving from page to page
- Citation Creation
- Personal Tools moved to top right hand corner
- Move option now at top right hand corner, click on little arrow to see drop down box
- Edit is similar to old Rich Editor, Edit Source is a Wiki Text
- Automatic Watch List unless you uncheck the box or change your Preferences
Visual Editor training Danielle Batson - cannot use for editing Templates, Help Pages, Talk pages, etc.
- Basics - Options at the top of the page (Do not use Heading 1 because it suppresses the title of the page)
Liquid Layout Danielle Batson Try creating a small box and placing it where you want it stay where you put it.
- SEOs are a barrier to the reader, recommend experts who understand the reader perspective - Lise
Wiki Upgrade - Caleb Love
- Fixed Items
- Header was blocking the edit tabs on some pages
- Wiki Content was not saving
- Wiki announcement could not be dismissed
- Upload file and other features were being hidden by the footer on short pages
- Some wiki page titles were not appearing
- Known Issues
- Country Pages
- Hub Pages
- Active Users page not working
- Wiki emails not sending
- Visual editor not working on long pages
- Search button on the main page isn’t there
- Find a Family History Center Map isn’t working right now
- Please continue to give us feedback, include enough details that we can recreate the problem
Community Q & A
- Further explanation of email and hub pages.
- PDF linking explanation - problem with the link going to the file page and there is a need to click on another link to see the document.
- TOC - Suppressed on Country pages only.
- Visual Editor Article - https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Help:VisualEditor, Tables cannot be created or upgraded
- Wiki Text - extension