Fiji, General Register of Immigrants - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Fiji, General Register of Immigrants, 1870-1911
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Fiji|
|Location of Fiji|
|National Archives of Fiji|
What is in This Collection?
Immigration records for Fiji from 1870 to 1911.
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Person's name
- Date of arrival
- Island of arrival
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the IndexSearch by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Fiji.
Related Family History Library Holdings
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections
- Fiji, Immigration_Passes, 1879-1916
- Fiji, Passports, 1915-1991
- Fiji, Plantation Register of Indian Immigrants, 1879-1919
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.