Grants Pass Oregon Family History Center
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location & Map:
- Address: 1969 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, Oregon
- Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side of the building. There is a security system with a phone pickup to the center. A staff member will open the door for you.
- Location on Map
Open Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Wednesday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
August open hours: Tuesday - Friday 12:30 - 4:30 PM, closed County Fair Week August 13-16.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings (staff only)
[edit | edit source]
4th Tuesday of each month except August and December from 4:00-5:30 PM
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Family History Library Catalog We have direct digital access to many collections and resources that formerly were available only by mail or personal visits.
- Additional collections we have will be listed in June 2013.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 10 computers with printers and a copy machine. There are four microfilm readers and one microfiche reader.
- Center Services include individual personal assistance.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
(specialty listing to be listed by June 2013)
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
The Grants Pass Historical Society is an active group of people dedicated to helping others find their family history. They hold monthly meetings with speakers who share various topics of genealogical interest.
The Josephine County Museum has a large collection of information regarding the local area. They also sell local history books.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Information about the volunteers coming June 2013)