Haiti, Port-au-Prince Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This page details problems identified in this collection and may provide answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question #1: I am having trouble viewing records from Ouest > Port-au-Prince > Naissances, 1862 jan-déc. Is there another filming of these records?
Answer #1: There appears to be a protective film (or waxed paper) over the records that has ‘air-bubbles’ preventing a clear view of the records. Unfortunately, the camera operator can only film the records in their current condition. These records were filmed digitally and therefore are not available on microfilm. Below are some links that may have helpful information to attain a birth certificate from Haiti:
- Haiti: Procedure to obtain a birth certificate
- Genealogical Research in Haiti
- How to Obtain a Birth Certificate for Haiti
- Haitian children stand up to be counted
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example Haiti, Port-au-Prince, Civil Registration, 1794-2012 > Ouest > Port-au-Prince > Naissances, 1862 jan-déc > Image 200 of 479.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Haiti, Port-au-Prince Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Haiti, Port-au-Prince, Civil Registration, 1794-2012 collection at FamilySearch.org.