Difference between revisions of "Harplinge Parish, Halland Sweden Genealogy"
m (Text replacement - "=== Collections === (write information about the different collections, or tips on using them) *'''Church Records''' <br> *'''Court Records''' <br> *'''Military Records''' <br> === Related Sources === *'''Digital''' <br> *'''Printed''' <br> === Societies and Libraries === <br> " to "== Collections == ===Census Records=== *Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden. *[https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-10180/sweden-household-examination-books-1880-1920?s=218489221 Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920], ($), index and images. Also on [http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=9731 '''Ances)
m (Text replacement - "To see what kind of place it is you will need a Swedish Gazetteer. <br> " to "[http://www2.sofi.se/SOFIU/topo1951/_cdweb/ '''Sweden 1951 Place Names Register'''] and the '''Swedish Parish Pages list''' in this Wiki will give you searchable lists of places, particularly parishes and the farms within those parishes. ")
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
[[|Swedish ]] .
Revision as of 21:48, 4 November 2016
Guide to Harplinge parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden►
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History[edit | edit source]
(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Harplinge Parish, Halland Sweden Genealogy|
|Militär indelning||add here|
Place Names[edit | edit source]
Aggared no.1 - no.2, Bäckamo Kvarn, Bögesgård no.1, Fjällaregården no.2, Frisagård no.7, Fäberga no.2, Gullbrandstorp no.1, Hallagård no.1, Harplinge no.3 Kulla, Harplinge no.4 Västergård, Harplinge no.5 Hansagård, Harplinge no 6 Jacobsgård, Harplinge no.7 Skogagård, Harplinge no. 8 Per Larsgård, Haverdal no.1 Bron, Haverdal no. 2 - no. 7, Högsered no.6 eller Fjälldalen, Klockaregården no.5, Lockared no.1, Lynga no.1, no.2, Lyngåkra no.1 Massagård, Lyngåkra no.2-no.3, Lyngåkra no.3 Pålsgård, Lyngåkra no.4 Skräddaregård, Lyngåkra no.5 Borgasgård, Mannarp no.1 Bolet, Mannarp no.2, Margreteberg no.1, Plönninge no.1 and Kyrkbyn no.3, Prästgården no.4, Risarp no.1, Risarp no2 Hallen, Risarp no.3 Attasgård, Risarp no.4 Kristiansgård, Skee no.1, no.2, Skintaby no.1 Kärragård, Skintaby no.2 Storegård, Skintaby no.3 Bolet, Skintaby no.4 Svallebo, Skintaby no.5 Kullagård, Skintaby no.6 Smedgård, Skintaby no.7 Fnattagård, Skintaby no. 8 Toftagård, Skintaby no.9 Hurragård, Skintaby no.10 Gårdsbacka, Skintaby no.11 Bolet, Skintaby no.12 Kullagård, Skintaby no.13 Hansagård, Skintaby no.14 Dränggård, Skintaby no.15 Fogdagård, Skintaby no.16 Skintegård, Skäpparp no.1, no.2, Särdal eller Gubbilt no.1, Särdal eller Gubbilt no.2, Särdal eller Gubbilt no.3, Särdal no.4 Kulsegård and Lunden, Särdal no.5 Bonnagård, Särdal no.6 Jönsgård. Särdal no.7 Lyckan, Särdal no.8 Bengtsgård, Särdal no.9 Björsgård, Särdal no 10 Enet, Särdal no.11 Kråkegård, Timmersjö no.1 - no.3, Villshärad no.1, Villshärad no.2,
- Surrounding Parishes
Kvibille, Holm, Rävinge, Steninge, Söndrum, Vapnö
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1880 - 1920, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR ($).
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Halland Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Library, that may be viewed on loan at a Family History Center near you. Click on "Places within Sweden, Halland" and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! The have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Denmark surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- Reading Scandinavian Gothic Handwritten Records: (free, online lessons at FamilySearch):
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Harplinge Församling Husförhörslängd 1861 - 1866 Ortregister