Ireland Deaths - FamilySearch Historical Records
|This is a Legacy Collection|
This collection is a partial index of records for this locality. The collection was originally assembled for publication in April 2010. Since that time only a few records may have been added. As no additional records will be added, or any corrections made to the data, this is considered to be a "Legacy" collection.
Where significant issues with the data have been identified, a Known Issues Wiki article has been created. See the table of contents of this article to see if one is available.
As this is an index of records compiled from various sources, it is strongly recommended that you verify any information you find with original records.
|Access the Records|
Ireland Deaths, 1864-1870
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|St. Patrick's Saltire (1783-1801)|
|Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland (1801-1922); Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland (1922-present)|
|Flag of the Republic of Ireland (1922-present)|
|Location of Ireland|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?Edit
This collection is a partial index of deaths in Ireland between 1864 and 1870. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index.
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
What Can These Records Tell Me?Edit
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of Deceased
- Date and Place of Death
- Gender of Deceased
- Age of Deceased
- Birth Year of Deceased
- Occupation Prior to Death
- Marital Status of Deceased
- Names of Deceased’s Spouse or Parents
A coverage table for this collection is available is the wiki article Ireland Deaths, Coverage Table - FamilySearch Historical Records
A coverage table for this collection is available is the wiki article Ireland Deaths, Civil Registration, Coverage table - FamilySearch Historical Records
How Do I Search This Collection?Edit
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person you are looking for
- Approximate date of death
Search the IndexEditSearch by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?Edit
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?Edit
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?Edit
- If possible, use what you know to find an image of the original record. The index contains only basic identifying information for a person; the original record therefore may contain more information not found in the index
- Use the information to locate funeral home, obituary or cemetery record
- Use the information to find other records such as birth, christening, marriage, census, land and probate records
- Continue to search the index for family members
- Use the information you have found to find the person in census records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?Edit
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- Check for other names. They might have been listed under a middle name, a nickname or an abbreviation of their given name
- A woman may have returned to her maiden name after the death of her husband
- Search the records of nearby locations
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Ireland.
Citing This CollectionEdit
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?Edit
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.