Italy, Biella, Borriana, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Italy, Biella, Borriana, Catholic Church Records, 1740-1938
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Borriana, Biella, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Borriana, Biella, Italy|
|Location of Italy|
|Title in the Language:||Registri Ecclesiastici della Chiesa Cattolica di Biella, Borriana, Italia, 1740-1938|
|[San Sulpizio Parish, Borriana, Italy]|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This is a collection of Catholic Church records from the parish of San Sulpizio in Biella for the years 1740 to 1938.
The collection includes baptisms, marriages, and burials. The records are generally kept in bound registers consisting of approximately 100-400 pages per volume. Some registers include an index at the end of each volume. Volumes prior to 1815 were handwritten by the parish priest in narrative form with details of the event; after 1815, the records were handwritten in printed forms. The text of the records is in Italian; some earlier registers may have the text in Latin. The original registers were kept in the parish archive and a copy was sent to the diocesan archive. This collection was acquired from the custodian of the records at Borriana Archive in Biella, Italy.
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Italian. For help reading these records see the following guides:
- Italy Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Biella, Borriana, Catholic Church Records, 1740-1938.|
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Record Type to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Italia, Biella, Borriana (Parrocchia di San Sulpizio). Registri Ecclesiastici : Tribunale, 1740-1975. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Check the image the index was taken from to see if there is additional information
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing this Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each spouse to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, Now What?[edit | edit source]
- A boundary change could have occurred, and the record of your ancestor is now in a neighboring area. Search the records and indexes of neighboring cities, provinces, and regions
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names
Record Finder[edit | edit source]
Consult the Italy Record Finder to find other records
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation:
"Italia, Biella, Borriana, Registri Parrocchiali, 1740-1938." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Parrocchia di San Sulpizio, Borriana (San Sulpizio Parish, Borriana).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.